Tow Truck Insurance Quotes
Just like you need a license to operate a towing company, you also need insurance on your vehicle or fleet of trucks. This website is here to assist you in finding the right insurance at the right price since there are not many resources out there for tow truck company owners.
Select your state to see how much you could save!
Finding Tow Truck Insurance Online
Several major auto insurers also write commercial tow truck insurance policies. Progressive and GEICO are two of the largest. If you don't like their rates you might want to try an aggregator like Insweb or NetQuote and have them search for the best rate in your area.
Many tow truck owners need to insure their vehicles. If you own one of these businesses you should get a commercial auto policy on your vehicles:
- General rescue or violation tow truck providers
- Auto club contractors
- Salvage vehicle haulers
- Auto repair and auto body shops
- Gas Stations
What does tow truck insurance cover?
The most basic need for commercial insurance is for liability coverage. This coverage typically pays for damages that you or an employee to other people and/or their property. These other coverages are generally optional, but read their definitions to see if they could be beneficial to your company:
- Physical Damage coverage - this pays for repairs to your tow truck or other business vehicle if it gets damaged. There are two types: collision insurance and comprehensive insurance. Collision covers accidents (collisions). Comprehensive covers "acts of God" like fire or animal damage, but it also covers theft and vandalism losses.
- Medical Payments Insurance - this pays for the medical bills for the driver and all passengers in the vehicle in case they are injured in a collision.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Insurance - this will cover damages to you or your vehicle in the case where the other driver doesn't have insurance or a sufficient amount of coverage to pay for the total amount of damages they cause.
There are some specific insurance coverages just for commercial tow trucks. They include:
- Garagekeepers Legal Liability Insurance - this provides insurance for customer vehicles when they are on your lot or in your garage. This type of protection may be useful in high liability areas.
- On-Hook Towing Insurance - this covers the customer's vehicle while it is in tow. This is very popular among tow truck company owners.
Find Your All of Your Insurance Needs at Our Partner Sites!